If you think that your child may be entitled to Free School Meals (not Universal Infant Free School meals to which all KS1 children are entitled), please collect a form from the school office. If you are eligible, then your child will be entitled to £30.00 each academic year towards uniform costs and the school will benefit from extra funding.
Who qualifies for free school meals?
If your household income is below £16,190, your children may be entitled to free school meals.
A quick way to find out is to check if you receive any of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income based Job Seeker’s Allowance
- Income related Employment and Support Allowance
- Universal Credit
- Support under part VI of the Immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- Child Tax Credit (if you’re not entitled to Working Tax credit and have a yearly income of less than £16,190 before tax and any other deductions)
- The Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
If you are eligible for free school meals this will enable your child’s school to access The Pupil Premium Grant. This grant must be spent by your child’s school to help eligible pupils reach their full potential, both academically and socially. The school will decide how best to spend this.