For details on local community food provision across BCP, please visit:
to link to information on:
- Community fridges: these are not means tested and residents in the local area are able to get access to fresh food via the fridge.
- Pantries and social supermarkets: These include small membership fees or require a referral to use them so you will need to check directly with the individual provider. They provide an opportunity for residents to have more food choice than a food bank but at a reduced cost.
- Cookery classes: Free/affordable cookery classes available over the holidays.
- National Healthy Start vouchers: a free weekly voucher scheme for families with children under 4yrs old that provides credit towards the cost of milk fresh and frozen fruit and vegetables and infant formula milk to apply call 0345 607 6823
- BCP Children’s Centres will be open throughout the school holidays and are available for families
On the web: @BootstrapCook Great recipes on a budget